- Occupational segregation between the sexes—is this a pay claim time bomb? (Brierley and others v Asda)
- Original news
- What are the background facts of this employment tribunal case?
- What specific legal claims are the claimants bringing?
- What decision did the employment tribunal make and why?
- What is the next substantive stage in this case?
- What can employers learn from this decision?
- Are the issues raised in this case likely to impact upon certain industries or workplaces more than others?
Employment analysis: Can employers avoid liability for equal pay claims through the physical separation of male-dominated and female-dominated workforces? Keira Gore of Outer Temple Chambers, one of three barristers who represented the claimants in the recent case of Brierley and others v Asda, discusses the lessons learnt so far in an equal pay claim case that we are likely to see more of in the future.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial