- ACC Chief Legal Officers 2017 survey—budgets for in-house departments
- Original news
- The ACC 2017 survey revealed that budgets and spending were a major focus for CLOs. Are in-house budgets generally decreasing or increasing?
- Are CLOs increasing or decreasing their legal teams and are there any noticeable trends across sectors or organisations of different size?
- Many CLOs it seems are controlling costs through managing fee arrangements with external counsel carefully. Can you tell us what the trends are on this? How are CLOs also addressing costs with staffing?
- In relation to salaries, female CLOs still seem to be paid less than men. What did the evidence reveal on pay levels?
- Are there any trends in this field that you would predict?
In-house analysis: Veta T Richardson, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), examines budget trends for in-house departments and explains how some Chief Legal Officers (CLOs) are attempting to save money through automation and lean processes.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial