- Exercising the power to grant injunctions
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What key issues did this case raise?
- What did the court decide on those issues?
- What are the common issues in this area of law and does this decision help clarify these?
- What are the main points lawyers advising in this area should take note of?
- Are there any trends in this area? What are your predictions for the future?
Family analysis: James Turner QC, barrister at 1 King’s Bench Walk, discusses the Court of Appeal’s decision in Goyal v Goyal and examines whether there is jurisdiction, outside the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA 1973), to order the transfer of a spouse’s interest in a pension annuity policy to the other spouse.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial