- The Business Contract Terms (Assignment of Receivables) Regulations 2018 and the construction industry
- Original news
- What are the draft Regulations?
- How are the Regulations relevant to construction projects?
- What type of assignment provisions would breach the Regulations?
- Why are clauses banning or restricting assignment included in some construction contracts?
- What is the current position in standard form construction contracts?
- How prevalent is factoring in the current market?
- Do the Regulations give rise to any concerns?
- What happens next and what steps, if any, should those involved in construction projects be taking now?
Construction analysis: Stephen Rockhill, partner in the construction and engineering team at Stevens & Bolton, considers what impact the Business Contract Terms (Assignment of Receivables) Regulations 2018 (the Regulations) could have on the construction industry if passed into law.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial