- Invoice finance—nullifying the ban on invoice assignment contract clauses
- Original news
- What is the background to this consultation?
- What is the significance of these proposals?
- What contracts does it apply to? Are there any exemptions?
- How will contract drafting need to change to accommodate the proposed changes?
Commercial analysis: Following a recent consultation, the government is to ban invoice assignment clauses in business-to-business contracts, whereby large businesses can exclude mainly small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) suppliers who use the alternative finance tool to manage their cashflow. Jeff Longhurst, chief executive officer of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA), examines the background to the consultation and the future legislative reforms.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial