- Immigration monthly highlights—September 2019
- In this issue:
- UK immigration control—how it works
- Summary of HC 2631 statement of changes
- Home Secretary requests MAC review of point-based immigration systems
- Playing hardball with the definition of a 'professional sportsperson'
- Brexit Bulletin—Supreme Court declares prorogation of Parliament unlawful, void and of no effect
- Over half of employers unaware of government’s post-Brexit immigration plans
- European Union (Withdrawal) (No 2) Act 2019
- What steps can immigration practitioners take to prepare for a no deal Brexit?
- Brexit Bulletin—no election, no Speaker and no no-deal
- ‘Still questions that need to be answered’ on immigration after Brexit
- EU Settlement Scheme
- Letter addresses ‘misconceptions’ over the EU Settlement Scheme
- European law rights
- House of Commons Library insight on EU nationals claiming UK benefits
- Surinder Singh cases—genuine residence requirement
- Sponsored employment
- Cheaper, easier application process to NMC for overseas nursing staff
- Challenging immigration decisions and enforcement
- Isufaj v Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Singh v Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Replacement guidance published for judges on granting permission to appeal
- Business, investment and non-sponsored employment
- Home Office response outlines Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) applications data
- Two-year post-study work visa re-established for international students
- Home Office launches Windrush Advisory Group to build trust with communities
- British Nationality (General) (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- R (on the application of Begum and another) v Entry Clearance Officer, Dhaka
- Family members under Part 8 and Appendix FM
- Why do adult dependant relative applications struggle to succeed?
- Birth relationships after adoption—is there a role for Article 8?
- Daily and weekly news alerts
- New and updated content
- New Practice Notes
- Updated Practice Notes
- Latest Q&As
Welcome to the September 2019 highlights from the Immigration team, which provides links to key news stories from the last month (including News Analysis from external experts on recent important cases and other developments), as well as a round-up of new and updated content in Immigration.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial