- Social media and company announcements
- Original news
- Do UK companies use social media in a similar fashion as US companies to make announcements?
- How are company announcements and disclosure of company information governed in the UK at the moment?
- What are the regulatory challenges to using social media in that way in the UK?
- What should lawyers advising in this area of law take note of in advising their clients?
Corporate analysis: When is it acceptable for companies to use social media to issue public announcements? Ashley Hurst, partner at Olswang, says social media is starting to take a more prominent role in disseminating company information but is no alternative to RIS announcements.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial