- Examining the breach of the implied covenant (Kumarasamy v Edwards)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the Supreme Court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide on those issues, and why?
- Is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
Personal Injury analysis: What is the extent of a landlord’s statutorily implied repairing covenants where the landlord is a leaseholder who has sublet a flat in a block owned by the freeholder? Philip Rainey QC, of Tanfield Chambers, explains the Supreme Court’s position in Kumarasamy v Edwards.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial