- Retained EU law—a guide for the perplexed
- The incoming tide of retained EU law
- What is retained EU law?
- 1. EU-derived domestic legislation
- 2. Direct EU legislation
- 3. Saved directly effective rights
- 4. Retained case law
- 5.Retained general principles of EU law
- General exclusions from retained EU law
- Ambulatory nature of retained EU law
- Relationship with relevant separation agreement law
Public Law analysis: In the first analysis in this series on ‘EU Relations Law’, Jack Williams of Monckton Chambers explains ‘retained EU law’, as introduced into domestic law at the end of the Brexit transition period by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (EU(W)A 2018).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial