- Court of Appeal, enforcement and the finality principle (Joint Stock Company v Berezovsky & another)
- Practical implications
- Appeal judgment
- Finality principle—what is it?
- What choice of law rules apply?
- Standards of review when recognising and adopting a foreign judgment
- Impact of failure to raise a defence in the foreign proceedings
- Impact of delay in making a claim in a foreign court
- Henderson v Henderson
DR analysis: The Court of Appeal has handed down a judgment providing an insight into the ‘finality principle’, an issue which is considered by the courts when determining whether to grant summary judgment to the claimant of a claim to enforce a foreign judgment against a judgment debtor in England and Wales. The Court of Appeal also offered an insight into other considerations when enforcing a foreign judgment although those were provided on an obiter basis.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial