- Air quality plans case referred to the CJEU
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- To what extent does the Supreme Court judgment clarify the law in this area?
- What are the possible ramifications of the decision?
- What are the implications for practitioners?
- Are there any patterns or trends emerging in this area of law?
- What are your predictions for future developments?
Environment analysis: Alan Andrews, a health and environment lawyer with ClientEarth, advises that although the main implications of this ‘air quality’ case will not become apparent until after the CJEU’s judgment, it could have significant implications not only for the Secretary of State, local authorities and devolved administrations, which are all required to work towards the achievement of the limit values through the preparation of air quality plans.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial