- To extend or not to extend the primary limitation period
- Original news
- What is the background of the case?
- What are the key issues in the case?
- What clarification was provided by the Court of Appeal as to how courts should exercise their discretion under LA 1980, s 33(3)?
- What are the implications of the decision?
Personal Injury analysis: When can a court disregard the time limit for personal injury claims? Katrina London, associate at Irwin Mitchell and contributor to Butterworths Personal Injury Law Service, looks at a recent long tail disease claim and guidance provided by the Court of Appeal as to how courts should exercise their discretion to exclude the time limit for personal injury actions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial