- Restating legal professional privilege (Lachaux v Independent Print Ltd)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case?
- What is the background to this case?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Will the courts allow any exceptions to the absolute rule of legal professional privilege (LPP)? Sarah Bazaraa, senior associate at Pannone Corporate, says the recent Court of Appeal ruling in Lachaux v Independent Print Ltd is a clear restatement of the rules of LPP that clients should be able to consult their lawyers in absolute confidence.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial