- Natural father’s rights to notice of care proceedings (Re CD)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What issues did this case raise?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
- Are there still any unresolved issues practitioners will need to watch out for? If so, how can they avoid any possible pitfalls?
Family analysis: What was the court’s assessment of a father’s rights to be given notice of care proceedings and entitlement to respect for family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)? Lisa Phillips, director and solicitor advocate at Switalskis, examines the practical implications of the decision in Re CD for family law practitioners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial