- IP weekly highlights—15 November 2018
- In this issue:
- UK and EU announce agreement in principle on the Withdrawal Agreement
- European Commission communication on EU planning for a no-deal Brexit
- Brexit SI Bulletin—latest drafts and sifting committee recommendations, 9 November 2018
- Copyright and associated rights
- No copyright protection for a food such as cheese (Levola v Smilde Foods)
- High Court provides guidance on defamation public interest defence (Doyle v Smith)
- Daily and weekly news alerts
- New and updated content
- Updated Practice Notes
- Dates for your diary
- Useful information
This week’s edition of IP weekly highlights includes news that the UK government and the European Commission announced agreement in principle on the legal terms of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, analysis of the Court of Justice’s decision in Levola v Smilde Foods that the taste of a food product, such as cheese, is not eligible for copyright protection, and analysis of the High Court’s comments in Doyle v Smith on the public interest defence to defamation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial