- Gatwick Airport ‘drone chaos’—the impact on commercial drone industry and regulation
- What were the key challenges highlighted by the drones incident at Gatwick?
- In light of the Gatwick incident, do the new registration requirements (due in force in 2019) do enough to increase the level of accountability and traceability of commercial drone operators?
- Is there anything more that can be done, through regulation, policing or technical advancement, which can prevent this type of incident from recurring in the future?
- What, if any, impact is this likely to have on the commercial drone industry—both in the UK and internationally?
TMT analysis: Simon Phippard, Of Counsel at Bird & Bird, considers the impact that the Christmas 2018 ‘drone chaos’ at Gatwick Airport is likely to have on the commercial drone industry and regulation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial