- Are safeguards needed to bolster justice in private prosecutions?
- Original news
- What is the background to the Committee’s report?
- What were the key conclusions or findings?
- Should there be more regulation of private prosecutions and what form should it take?
- Looking at what the Committee found about the costs of bringing or defending private prosecutions, do you agree and why?
- What other policy considerations are at play here and how should they play into the development of practice in this arena going forwards?
Corporate Crime analysis: Anoushka Warlow and Umar Azmeh of BCL Solicitors LLP consider The House of Commons Justice Committee’s (the Committee) recommendations ‘to bolster justice in private prosecutions’, whether more regulation of private prosecutions should be welcomed and the policy considerations which will impact the development of practice in this area.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial