- Academisation—employment implications
- Original news
- What are the employment implications of the academisation programme?
- How might this affect teaching staff that currently have negotiated settlements with unions and local authorities but also non-teaching staff and potential non-qualified teachers becoming involved in education?
- Has the conversion process led to any difficulties in employment contracts for transferring staff? Is this a straight TUPE transfer?
- Could the proposal to extend the school day lead to challenges?
- Are there risks of a recruitment crisis in education?
Local Government analysis: Following the government’s announcement of its plans to pursue the academisation of all schools in England, Ben Wood, partner at Eversheds, considers the employment implications of the academisation programme.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial