- Plugging revenue gaps—commercialisation of schools
- What revenue raising methods can and are schools using to plug government funding gaps?
- What are the charity law restrictions that affect academies and charitable independent schools?
- When can schools trade through limited companies?
- What are the common issues or pitfalls?
- How do independent schools deal with commercialisation (of their trade marks for example) while maintaining their charitable status?
Local Government analysis: St Olave’s Grammar School, which was recently the subject of controversy over its reported policy to exclude sixth formers who failed to achieve certain grades, was subsequently reported to have encountered a trade mark ownership issue. In light of this issue, Liz Brownsell, senior associate at Birketts, considers the legal ins and outs of the commercialisation of schools.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial