- US Department of Justice ‘taint teams’ pose privilege risks for defendants
- The DOJ’s use of taint teams
- Taint teams in the courts
- The Fourth Circuit tackles taint teams
- Looking forward
- Practical Advice
- Challenge the use of a taint team
- Challenge the taint team’s process
Law360, Expert analysis: The US Department of Justice’s (DOJ’s) new Special Matters Unit may resolve some of the concerns regarding the agency’s so-called taint teams reviewing potentially privileged material, but defence lawyers must stay vigilant as taint teams’ inherent conflict of interest remains, say Jim Brochin and Pat Linehan at Steptoe & Johnson.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial