- The Dublin Regulation and unaccompanied children
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the likely ramifications of the decision for UK courts?
- What are the implications for lawyers? What will they need to be mindful of when advising clients in this area?
- Are there any patterns or trends emerging in the law in this area?
- What are your predictions for future developments?
Immigration analysis: The CJEU’s recent ruling will affect unaccompanied children who have claimed asylum in Europe. Liz Barratt, an associate solicitor at Bindmans LLP, believes the judgment could have ramifications beyond children’s cases and lawyers dealing with adult applicants facing a Dublin removal may find it a useful source of legal challenge to decisions in such cases.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial