- Proposed replacement standard contractual clauses for international transfers
- How has Schrems II influenced the draft SCCs?
- What happens to existing SCCs?
- How will the draft SCCs fix known gaps?
- How will the new SCCs impose EU GDPR-like obligations on data importers?
- What could the SCCs do better?
- What do the new SCCs look like?
Information Law analysis: On 12 November 2020, the European Commission published a draft Implementing Decision on new standard contractual clauses (SCCs) for the transfer of personal data to third countries outside the EEA under the General Data Protection Regulation. Ruth Boardman, co-head of Bird & Bird’s International Privacy and Data Protection Group explains some of the key aspects of the proposed draft SCCs.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial