- Profit based confiscation in corruption cases (R v Reynolds)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this [case/development/news story etc]?
- What were the background facts?
- What was the basis of the appeal?
- What principles did the court apply?
- How were these principles applied to this case?
- What did the court decide in relation to the limitation of enforcement point?
- Case details
Corporate Crime analysis: In a comprehensive and detailed judgment, the Court of Appeal considered the principles which apply to the assessment of benefit in confiscation proceedings arising out of corruption cases. Quashing the order imposed in the court below, the court held that there was no answer to the prosecution’s valuation of the benefit based on the total gain less properly deducted expenses.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial