- Preventing an art attack—the implications of listed status for local authorities
- What are the legal implications of giving public pieces of art listed status?
- Does the listing of artworks offer benefits to local authorities, or create burdens?
- Could a local authority challenge the listing of a piece of art?
- Local authorities have sometimes sold public artworks to plug funding gaps, would the listing of a piece of art prevent the sale of these artworks?
- Could the listing of pieces of art affect future planning/developments in the area?
Local Government analysis: What is the significance of listed status? Karen Sanig, head of art law at Mishcon de Reya LLP, discusses the implications for local authorities of according public works of art listed status.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial