- Law Society faces negligence claim after bogus solicitor registered on ‘Find a solicitor’ web page
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court's consideration?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
Property analysis: Can the Law Society be liable in negligence for listing a bogus solicitor as genuine on its website? Charles Dougherty QC, of 2 Temple Gardens, looks at the Court of Appeal's decision in Law Society v Schubert Murphy that that question should be determined at trial.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial