- Draft Finance Bill 2017—termination payments
- Original news
- What is the background to this reform of the taxation of termination payments?
- How does the draft legislation propose to treat payments in lieu of notice (PILONs) from April 2018?
- Are there any other notable changes from the proposals set out in August?
- Has the legislation achieved the aim of creating a simplified regime?
- Is this likely to be the final form of the legislation and, if so, what should practitioners do in advance of the April 2018 change?
Tax analysis: Following an earlier consultation in August 2016, HMRC has published revised draft legislation on the tax treatment of termination payments, vastly simplifying its earlier proposed rules. Patrick Ford, partner at Squire Patton Boggs, explains what to do next.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial