- Court modernisation—bigger changes to come
- Original news
- What is the background to this legislation?
- What are the key changes this Bill heralds in terms of the operation of the civil courts?
- What types of judicial functions can and/or will authorised persons be able to perform in the future and how will this impact the way cases are progressed in both the criminal and civil justice systems?
- What do you think the likely impact of this Bill is in terms of the modernisation or reform of the courts system?
Corporate Crime analysis: After previous legislation was derailed by Theresa May’s 2017 decision to call a snap general election, the Courts and Tribunals (Judiciary & Functions of Staff) Bill 2018 raises again the tricky issue of reforming the UK courts. Martin Partington, Emeritus Professor of Law at University of Bristol, explains what the legislation will deliver and what it augurs.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial