- Assessing the lawfulness of detaining a person with EU residence rights pending a decision to deport
- Original news
- What issues did the case raise?
- What did the court decide?
- How helpful is the judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What does the decision mean for lawyers and their clients?
- Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Immigration analysis: The lawfulness of detaining a member of an EEA national’s family pending a deportation decision is examined by barrister David Chirico, of 1 Pump Court, in the light of the Supreme Court's judgment in R (on the application of Nouazli) v Secretary of State for the Home Department.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial