- With great waste comes great responsibility–the new code of practice
- Original news
- What is the background to the new code of practice?
- What does it cover and how is it different from the 1996 code?
- Are there any key changes from the consultation version?
- Are there any areas which remain unclear/missed opportunities?
Environment analysis: Claudia Watkins, senior professional support lawyer in the environmental and regulatory law team at Allen & Overy, outlines the new code of practice relating to the waste duty of care requirements for England and Wales and explains that while a further degree of clarity on the definition of waste might be beneficial, overall the new code is clearer and more succinct than its predecessor.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial