- New judicial protocol for intra-UK cross-border cases involving children
- What is the purpose of the judicial protocol?
- What are the key principles of the protocol?
- What common issues are likely to arise in intra-UK cross-border cases involving children?
- How may practitioners be assisted by the handbook?
- What areas of children law are covered in the handbook?
Family analysis: Sir James Munby, President of the Family Division in England & Wales, and Lord Carloway, head of the Scottish judiciary, have agreed a new judicial protocol, which will provide for the direct exchange of information between judges in intra-UK cross-border cases involving children. Alex Verdan QC, of 4 Paper Buildings, explains how the protocol will operate in cases in which the courts in Scotland, and England and Wales, are involved.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial