- Director disqualification in the context of VAT fraud (SoS v Rosenblatt)
- Original news
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
- What was the background to the application, briefly?
- What were the legal issues the judge had to decide in this application?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Joshua Shields, barrister at Exchange Chambers, considers the recent case of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy v Rosenblatt which dealt with the issue of director disqualification in the context of VAT fraud and examines the implications for insolvency practitioners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial