- ATE insurance premiums—reasonableness and proportionality (Demouilpied v Stockport)
- Original news
- What practical implications does this judgment have?
- What were the facts in this case
- What approach is the County Court taking to dealing with the assessment of ATE insurance?
- How is the issue of proportionality being addressed by the courts?
- What relevance was the issue of ‘reasonableness’?
Dispute Resolution analysis: How should the court approach submissions that after the event (ATE) insurance premiums are unreasonable and costs disproportionate? Anil Virji, head of costs and Robert Patterson, senior costs draftsman, at Civil & Commercial Costs Lawyers, analyse the judgment in Demouilpied v Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial