- 2020 Heralds New Insolvency Law Changes for Guernsey
- A members’ voluntary winding up
- The power to demand documents and interview individuals
- The power to disclaim
- Transactions at undervalue and exorbitant credit transactions
- Further administrator powers: distributions to creditors, early dissolution and creditor meetings
- Winding up non-Guernsey companies
- Supplies of gas, water, electricity and IT
- Duty to report delinquent officers of the company
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: On 15 January 2020 the States of Guernsey passed the Companies (Guernsey) Law, 2008 (Insolvency) (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020, making Guernsey an even more desirable forum for insolvency proceedings. Written by Alex Horsbrugh-Porter, Advocate and Counsel at Ogier (Guernsey) LLP.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial