- Meeting EU air quality standards—is the UK blowing hot and cold?
- What is the regulatory framework that regulates air quality in the EU and in the UK?
- What are the penalties in the case of non-compliance with the AQD standards?
- What are the legal rights of subjects living in areas with high air pollution rates?
- Are there any recent cases in the UK courts related to this issue?
- What is being done in London and other UK cities to solve the problem?
- Are there any interesting wider European trends relating to air pollution and climate change?
- What happens with the air quality assurance frameworks in the UK after Brexit?
Environment analysis: The UK has until mid-April 2017 to take action to improve its air quality. Simon Tilling, partner, and solicitor Sarah Raby, specialists in environmental law at Burges Salmon, discuss the problems facing and options available to the government, and consider what will happen to the regulatory frameworks that govern air quality post-Brexit.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial