375. Applications.

Awards may be made1, in the form of a pension, allowance, supplement or lump sum payment, in respect of the disablement of a member of the armed forces which is due to service before 6 April 20052. A formal claim3 for any such award is needed, and there are rules as to the manner of the making of an application4. Where a former member of the armed forces is discharged on medical grounds and copies of his medical and service documents are sent by the service authorities to Veterans UK5 a claim for retired pay or a disablement pension