461. Acquisition by naturalisation: Crown service overseas.

An applicant who, on the date of the application1, is serving outside the territory specified in the application as the relevant British overseas territory2 in Crown service under the government of that territory3 may be granted a certificate of naturalisation by the Secretary of State4 if the following requirements are fulfilled5:


    (1)     the applicant is of full age and capacity6, and is of good character7;


    (2)     the applicant has a sufficient knowledge of the English language or any other language recognised for official purposes in the relevant territory8;


    (3)     the applicant intends, if granted naturalisation, to make his home