389. Expenses of work.

The expenses of work under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 are to be defrayed by the building owner1, except where the Act otherwise provides2. Any dispute as to responsibility for expenses must be settled in accordance with the statutory dispute resolution procedure3.

Where works are carried out, and some of the works are carried out at the request of the adjoining owner4 or in pursuance of a requirement made by him, then the adjoining owner must defray the expenses of carrying out the works requested or required by him5. Where use is subsequently made by the adjoining owner of work carried out sol