372. Administration of service pensions.

Any pension or award in respect of age, length of service or special service, or attached to any medal or other decoration, whether payable to persons who have been officers or men of the armed forces or their surviving spouses or civil partners, children or other dependants1, is administered by the service authorities2. The same authorities also administer pensions and other awards in respect of disablement or death suffered during service in the armed forces