74. Compensation for destruction of object.

If a person claims that an object1 has been destroyed2 and that he had an interest which was materially affected by the destruction and he sustained loss as a result, and that no copy of a notice3 was served on him, he may make an application for compensation4. If he makes an application for compensation to the High Court and the court finds that his claim is justified, the court may order the Secretary of State to pay to the applicant such amount (if any) by way of compensation as the court considers just