301. Discharge and transfer to the Reserve Forces.

An enlisted person1 may be discharged, or transferred to a reserve force, only by the competent authority2. Where an enlisted person becomes entitled3 to be discharged or transferred to a reserve force, he must be discharged or transferred as soon as is practicable but remains a member of the regular forces until discharged or transferred4. Where an enlisted person was enlisted in the United Kingdom, becomes entitled to be discharged at a time when he is serving outside the United Kingdom, and elects to be discharged in the United Kingdom, he is to be conveyed to the United Kingdom