Boyle & Birds' Company Law Tenth edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Boyle & Birds' Company Law Tenth edition
Boyle & Birds' Company Law is a well established leading textbook based on Gore-Browne on Companies. It combines a comprehensive and authoritative exploration of law and practice with an examination of the theoretical issues.
The new edition has been completely updated to take into account the latest legislation and case law.
The new edition has been completely updated to include:
- Legislative changes, including disclosure requirements on plcs under The Companies (Miscellaneous Reporting) Regulations 2018
- Significant changes in corporate governance requirements
- Case law developments, including Supreme Court decisions in Eclairs Group Ltd v JKX Oil & Gas plc and Burnden Holdings (UK) Ltd v Fielding
- The abolition of "share warrants to bearer"
- The introduction of the Prospectus Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2017/1129)
- The latest developments to Company Voluntary Arrangement
- Impact of Brexit
Table of contents
The table of contents are as follows:
• Preface to the 10th Edition
• Table of Cases
• Table of Statutes
• Table of Statutory Instruments
• The Development of the Registered Company
• The European Union and Company Law
• Legal Personality: Its Consequences and Limitations
• Registration, Formation and Promotion of Companies
• The Company’s Constitution
• Company Contracts
• Share Capital — Allotment and Maintenance
• Rights and Liabilities Attached to Shares: Reorganisations of Capital
• Transfer and Transmission of Shares
• Debentures, Charges and Registration
• Corporate Governance
• Membership of a Company
• Shareholders’ Meetings and Resolutions
• Accounts and Reports
• Management of a Company
• The Duties of Directors — General
• The Duties of Directors — Specific Duties, Relief from Liability and Consequences of Breach
• Shareholders’ Remedies
• The Public Issue of Securities
• Takeovers and Mergers
• Corporate Reconstruction and Insolvency