Goode and McKendrick on Commercial Law Sixth Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Goode and McKendrick on Commercial Law Sixth Edition
This Sixth edition of Goode on Commercial Law has been retitled Goode and McKendrick on Commercial Law and it remains the first port of call for the modern day practitioner with its theoretical and practical coverage of commercial law in both a national and an international context. This highly acclaimed and authoritative text, which is regularly cited by all courts from the Supreme Court downwards, combines a deep theoretical analysis of foundational principles with a practical approach in the context of typical commercial and financial transactions. It is also replete with diagrams and specimen forms covering a wide range of transactions.
Key updates for this new edition include:
- Analysis of a number of high-profile Supreme Court decisions on aspects of commercial law (including retention of title clauses, insolvency, letters of credit and arbitration)
- Covers Incoterms 2020 and the Business Contract Terms (Assignment of Receivables) Regulations 2018
- The chapters on payment and money have been re-written to reflect the extensive changes that have taken place in the regulation of payment systems and the increasing reliance on electronic communications and the emergence of cryptocurrencies
- Recent developments in commercial contract law include the principles applicable to the interpretation of contracts, the regulation of no reliance and basis clauses and the emergence of negotiating damages
- New sections have been added on the importance of certainty in commercial law and the relationship between law and technology, particularly as it relates to cryptoassets and cryptocurrencies and electronic signatures
- Consideration is given to the implications of Brexit for the future of commercial law