1. Payroll basics
1.1 Introduction: overview of the domestic payroll system
The tax year in Israel is the calendar year.
The currency in Israel is the Israeli shekel (NIS).
Israel Tax Authority (ITA) administers the tax system.
The relevant laws relating to the employment of employees and controlling payroll include:
• Wage Protection Law 5718-1958
• Income Tax Regulations (Deduction from Salary and Wages) 5753-1993
• Income Tax Ordinance [New Version] 5721-1961
• National Insurance Law 5755-1995
• Hours of Work And Rest Law 5711-1951
• Notice to Employees and Job Candidate Law (Employment Conditions and Candidate Screening and Selection) 5762-2002, and Notice to
To continue reading
View the latest version of this document, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to TolleyLibrary or register for a free trial