The Civil Court Practice 2020 (The Green Book) (Hardcopy, CD & eBook)
Why should you buy The Civil Court Practice 2020 (The Green Book)
The Green Book is the indispensable authority on civil procedure. It contains all the sources relating to civil proceedings in the High Court and the County Court, complemented by commentary from eminent experts.
- Everything you need to practice in the civil courts, including cross-references to Butterworths Civil Court Precedents
- Clear, comprehensive and pertinent explanation of the Civil Procedure Rules, the cases and their application
- Essential commentary and explanatory notes are included throughout, written by an expert editorial board including QBD and Chancery Masters, District Judges and leading practitioners.
- Carefully reviewed and curated to ensure only the most relevant content is included
- Easy to follow structure – Practice Directions published with their relevant Rule
Volume 1 examines procedure in the civil courts and contains the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, the RSC, CCR and Protocols.
Volume 2 covers general and more specific jurisdiction of the civil courts, including Companies, Personal Injury, Contempt of Court and Mental Capacity and Mental Health.
Two separate supplements contain the Procedural Tables, the fees and up-to-date court guides for easy desk-top reference.
Volume 1 and Supplement 1 are reissued in October as part of the annual subscription. There is also an updating supplement in the summer.
A CD-ROM provides the full text of both main volumes and the supplements, as well as a complete set of fillable and downloadable forms.
What's new for the 2020 edition:
- Fully reviewed and updated, from the Civil Procedure Rules, commentary and case law to Practice Directions, court guides and fees
- Expanded Europe section in light of current legislation and case law, explaining the significance of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts
- Revised with everything you need to know for court proceedings based on the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR
Table of contents
Part 1 Procedure in the Civil Courts
Civil Procedure Rules 1998
Appeals to the Supreme Court
Part II General Jurisdiction
Senior Courts Act 1981
County Courts Act 1984
High Court and County Courts Jurisdiction Order 1991
Courts Act 2003
Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007
Part III Special Jurisdiction
Contempt of Court
Funding of Legal Services
Funds in Court
Landlord & Tenant and Housing
Mental Capacity and Mental Health
Patents and Other Intellectual Property
Personal Injury and Death
Trusts and Administration of Estates