Laws of the DIFC Volume 2
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Laws of the DIFC Volume 2
This book is the second in a series created as a result of a project initiated by the Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts, Dr Michael Hwang to provide easy access to explanations of the DIFC's laws and regulations and create DIFC equivalent to Halsbury's Laws. It was commissioned by the DIFC Academy of Law on the laws of the Dubai Financial Centre - the common law freezone and financial centre in Dubai, UAE. International interest in the DIFC, its English language laws and Courts has been developing in recent years as it is possible for entities both inside and outside the freezone to opt for their disputes to be heard there making it a convenient forum for global investors. The first book in this series Laws of the DIFC Volume 2 covers Arbitration, Damages, the Court Law, Obligations, Company and Employment law.
Accredited Academy of Law Specialist firms, with significant experience of litigation and providing advice in the DIFC have been allocated to write the titles within this volume, which will include coverage of the following topics:
- Contract - Baker Botts
- Implied Terms in Contracts and Unfair Terms - Baker Botts'
- Trusts - Outer Temple Chambers
- Data Protection - Stephenson Harwood
- Real Property- Clyde & Co
- Electronic Transactions - Baker Botts'
As well as providing an overview of the legislation in each area, the authors offer provision by provision commentary on each article:
- highlighting both similarities and differences with the common law or equivalent international provision making it easier for those more familiar with other common law jurisdictions to quickly see where the potential legal differences apply
- providing details and explanations of important DIFC cases in the specific area giving practical advice on the likely DIFC Court treatment
- providing details and explanations of relevant cases and commentary from other common law jurisdictions (with references) which can be useful to those researching that area
New!Pre-orderMacdonald's Immigration Law & Practice 10th editionNew!Release Date: June 21, 2021£359.99
New!Civil Court Service 2021 (The Brown Book) (Hardcopy and CD)New!Release Date: March 24, 2021£319.99
New!Court of Protection Practice (with CD-ROM) 2021New!Release Date: March 30, 2021£319.99