Jordan Publishing Company Secretarial Precedents 8th edition (with CD-ROM)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Jordan Publishing Company Secretarial Precedents
Jordan Publishing Company Secretarial Precedents contains hundreds of precedents and forms dealing with every aspect of company administration from registration to striking off. Each form and precedent is accompanied by concise details of when and how it should be used, as it relates to both private and unlisted public companies.
The new edition takes into account changes introduced by the Small Business, enterprise and Employment Act 2015 which include amendments to the Companies Act 2006 and the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
Other recent legislative changes that have impacted on company law and company secretarial practise are also dealt with in this new edition, including:
- Revised model articles (as amended by the Mental Health Act 2013)
- New rules and procedures on appointment of a new director when notifying an appointment to Companies House
- Changes to the rules on company loans to directors
- New company transparency requirement-including a new duty for companies to investigate whether they have PSCs (person with significant influence) and third parties to disclose information held about PSCs, obligations to register 'Registrable Persons' and 'Registrable Legal Entities' in the new PSC Register and requirements to notify relevant PSC details to Companies House
- Registers - the new 'PSC Register'
- Annual Compliance - the new annual 'Confirmation Statement' to replace the company annual return
- Share warrants bearer abolished
- Reduced timescale for voluntary striking off
Introduction and how to use this book
Welcome to this eighth edition of Jordans Company Secretarial Precedents, which has been updated to reflect practical and legal changes in company administration since the previous edition, including the latest changes to procedures now required by Companies House for compliance by companies with their statutory obligations and for the submission of data for the public records of registered companies.
In this introduction, we identify the areas of law and practice that the book covers, comment on the practical impacts of the Companies Act 2006 (as amended by the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015) on the secretarial administration of private companies, and explain how to use the precedents. Read the full introduction...
Table of contents
- Introduction and How to Use this Book
- Incorporation of a Private Limited Company
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Community Interest Companies
- Alteration to Articles of Association
- Company Names
- Shares and Share Capital
- Annual Reports, Accounts and Auditors
- Loans and Security
- Directors and the Secretary
- Execution of Documents and the Company Seal
- Statutory and Other Registers and Records
- Meetings (members)
- Written Resolutions of Members
- Electronic Communications
- Striking Off
- Correction of Incorrect Data at Companies House
- Model Articles Prescribed from 1 October 2009
- Article 18, private share company Model Articles prescribed from 1 October 2009
- Articles of Association for a Private Company Limited by Shares
- Companies Act 1985 Table A – 1985–2000 Version
- Interim Table A Private Company Limited by Shares
- Versions of Table A and their Effective Dates
- Useful contacts
- Companies House Webfiling – Forms available