Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 47 2014 Equitable Jurisdiction, Estoppel, Explosives, Extradition
Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 47 2014 Equitable Jurisdiction, Estoppel, Explosives, Extradition concerns the application of the maxims of equity and equitable doctrines in the exercise of the equitable jurisdiction.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why you should buy Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 47
The Halsbury’s Laws Equitable Jurisdiction title concerns the application of the maxims of equity and equitable doctrines in the exercise of the equitable jurisdiction.
Estoppel describes the doctrine of estoppel, notably estoppel by deed, estoppel in pais, promissory estoppel and proprietary estoppel.
Explosives deals with the statutory control imposed in relation to the manufacture, keeping, sale and conveyance of explosives and fireworks.
The Extradition title lays out the law governing the formal surrender by one country to another of an individual accused or convicted of a criminal offence under the Extradition Act 2003.
Equitable Jurisdiction: His Honour Judge Sean Enright
Estoppel: Elizabeth Cooke, MA, LLM; Principal Judge of the Land Registration Division of the First-tier Tribunal, Property Chamber
Explosives: Mark Tyler, MA, LLM, CMIOSH; a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales; Managing Director, Salutaris Legal
Extradition: Anand Doobay, LLB, LLM; a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
1. Historical Perspective
2. Jurisdiction and Equitable Remedies
3. Access to Equitable Remedies
4. Principles of Equitable Jurisdiction
5. Equity and Property
6. Equitable Relief against Penalties and Forfeitures
7. Equitable Relief in Cases of Fiduciary Relationship
8. Equitable Defences
1. Nature, Classification and Principles of Estoppel
2. Estoppel by Deed
3. Estoppel in Pais
4. Estoppel by Representation
1. Scope of Title and Defined Terms
2. Manufacture and Storage of Explosives
3. Possession, Marketing and Transportation of Explosives
4. Identification and Traceability of Explosives
5. Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles
6. Offences involving Explosives and Fireworks
1. The Law relating to Extradition
2. Principles of Extradition Law
3. Extradition to Category 1 Territories
4. Extradition to Category 2 Territories
5. Extradition to the United Kingdom
6. Police Powers and Evidence
The law is stated as at 1 April 2014, although subsequent changes have been included wherever possible.
Halsbury’s Laws. The Law. In order.
Halsbury’s Laws of England is the only complete narrative statement of the law in England and Wales, in print and exclusively online via LexisLibrary.
Every 4 seconds, someone finds an answer using Halsbury’s Laws. Whatever the subject, it has the answer, even in niche and esoteric areas. Halsbury’s Laws covers everything from the fundamental to the highly complex. It is the starting point and the finishing line.
- Clear footnotes map out the legal authorities; ideal for preparing court bundles.
- Paragraphs are written concisely, so you can quickly surface the answer to a client’s question.
- Introductory paragraphs and clear definitions provide background and context; useful for students and those exploring an unfamiliar area.
Regarded an authoritative work, Halsbury’s Laws is written by or in consultation with leading experts, ensuring the highest quality and dependability.
"I always turn to Halsbury's Laws first when I am trying to find a convenient, accessible, accurate way to find out about a new area of law and turn to it last when I am dealing with an area of law I am already familiar with to ensure that I have not missed anything."
Anand Doobay, Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP.
Anand is a leading business crime lawyer. In 2013 he was listed as one of the ten most highly regarded individuals in the International Who's Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers.