Why should you buy Manual of Accounting UK GAAP
PwC's 'Manual of Accounting UK GAAP (3rd edition)' is a practical guide to the UK accounting regime which is mandatory for accounting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2015. The book addresses the requirements of the accounting standards:
* FRS 100, 'Application of financial reporting requirements';
* FRS 101, 'Reduced disclosure framework - Disclosure exemptions from EU-adopted IFRS for qualifying entities';
* FRS 102, 'The financial reporting standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland';
* FRS 103, 'Insurance contracts';
* FRS 104, 'Interim financial reporting';
* and the accounting requirements of the Companies Act 2006 that together make up the UK GAAP.
The Manual offers a clear explanation of the UK reporting requirements to help you implement these requirements and deal with day-to-day issues as well as the more complex areas under the standards. In addition to providing reliable up-to-date guidance on the UK GAAP, the Companies Act and relevant statutory instruments, it includes practical worked examples to help illustrate the explanations.
This third edition has been updated for changes in company law and amended standards (FRS 101 and FRS 102) as a result of the Accounting Directive (effective 1 January 2016).
It has also been updated for practical experience in implementing the standards.
Written by PwC's Accounting Consulting Services team of specialists, the Manual will be of particular interest to finance directors, chief accountants and others concerned with preparing and using UK GAAP and reduced disclosure company financial statements.