Corporate Borrowing: Law and Practice Fifth edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Why should you buy Corporate Borrowing
The law of borrowings embraces many different areas of law: contract, company law, trusts, security, insolvency, tax, financial services and regulation. Corporate Borrowing: Law and Practice brings together all of these elements in a practical and concise single volume.
It defines the most effective ways of raising debt finance - from bank loan agreements to MTN programmes - and examines the specific legal problems of security and prospectus requirements under the Prospectus Directive. It examines the issues relating to the various types of security, asset backed securities, guarantees, appointment of trustees, attracting lenders and the statutory provisions regarding invitational material, and the tax implications or borrowings by companies.
The new edition includes:
- Changes to prospectus regulation as a result of the EU Amending Directive (amending the Prospectus Directive)
- New regime for registration of charges under Companies Act 2006, as 859A-Q
- Changes to regulatory capital regime as a result of CRD IV and the Capital Requirements Regulation
- Impact of US tax provisions under FATCA
- New sections on commercial considerations of debt vs equity, differences between loan agreements and debt securities, and liability for misleading offering documents
- Fully updated to reflect case law, changes in legislation and changes in market practice and documentation since 2009
Part of the appeal (or, some would say, frustration) of the law of borrowings is that it embraces so many different areas of law: contract, trusts, company law, security, insolvency, tax, financial services regulation, and so forth. This book is not intended to be an exhaustive study of each of those areas but aims to bring together the elements of them that are relevant to understanding the law of corporate borrowings.
This is an unashamedly legal book (as can immediately be seen from the number of footnotes and case references). However, it is also intended for the interested layman, and in particular covers not just the law but also market practice, linking the two together as far as possible. Read the full preface...
Table of contents
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes
- Table of Statutory Instruments
- Table of European Materials
- The Nature of Borrowings
- Types of Borrowing (1): Bank Loans
- Types of Borrowing (2): Debt Securities and the Capital Markets
- Types of Borrowing (3): ECP Programmes
- Key Commercial Terms
- Structured Finance
- The Power to Borrow, to Guarantee and to Give Security
- Accepting Deposits
- The Role of Trustees
- Attracting Lenders
- US Securities and Tax Laws
- Transfers of Lenders’ Interests
- Variation of Rights
- Execution of Documents
New!Pre-orderTolley's Company Law Handbook 30th editionNew!Release Date: November 22, 2022£249.99
New!Pre-orderTolley's Company Secretary's Handbook 32nd editionNew!Release Date: December 22, 2022£249.99
New!Pre-orderButterworths Company Law Handbook 36th edition & Tolley's Company Law Handbook Handbook 30th editionNew!Release Date: August 22, 2022£402.99