Why should you buy Cook on Costs 2020
Nobody who wishes to understand the principles and practice of legal costs should be without a copy.
This well-established and practical title returns fully updated with legislative changes concerning every aspect of civil costs, providing concise and comprehensive commentary on costs developments as well as straightforward explanations of the remuneration of solicitors and barristers. Using a dual approach, the text both informs and guides you through all aspects of the costs of contentious and non-contentious legal business.
- Court of Appeal's long awaited guidance on proportionality in West v Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Court of Appeal's decision on CFA success fees and disbursements in Herbert v HH Law Limited
- Whether the Arkin cap on the liability of non-party funders survives (Davey v Money)
- The new SRA Standards and Regulations which come into force on 25 November
- Practice Direction 51X and the pilot using Forms N260A and N260B
- Analysis of the link between the indemnity principle and "good reason" to depart from a budget (Barts Health NHS Trust v Salmon)
- The liability for costs of litigation friends (Barker v Confiance) and further amendments to the procedural approach to deductions from the damages of children and protected parties.